Punta Ala – Porto Azzurro – Marciana Marina – Procchio – Pianosa – Punta Ala
A week long in a unique blend of sailing and cycling for the sporty and adventurous souls who love to delve into nature and history discovering Elba Island between land and sea. We will sail the crystalline waters of the Mediterranean in search of hidden coves of rare beauty as we learn the basic skills of sailing with our skipper. We will trail along archaeological sites and napoleonic villas, vineyards, olive groves and white stone beaches against a backdrop of breathtaking seascapes. Live the exciting ascent to the highest peak Monte Capanne in cable car and descend to the bowels of the earth to visit the ore mines. We will visit nearby Pianosa Island, a gem of the Tuscan Archipelago with it’s colorful seabeds, recently re-opened to the public after years of closure. Savour local products and wines and relish the islands specialities at the cozy seaside restaurants. An experience in this enclave of the coastal Tuscany to challenge your imagination.
Day 1 Marina di Punta Ala – Porto Azzurro
We wait for you at Marina di Punta Ala at 4.00 pm and set sail at 5.00 pm for Elba Island. During the navigation you will receive the first rudiments of sailing. After the presentation of the group and the trip and an excellent dinner on board we will spend a pleasant evening together in Porto Azzurro.
Day 2 Excursion by bike: Capoliveri promontory – loop tour 35 km – 22 ml
After a hearty breakfast we will disembark to mount on our two wheels. Ready and set bicycles will await us on the shore and off we go with our guide to the discovery of the island’s hinterland. Scents of aromatic herbs and a light sea breeze will accompany us on our journey by bike through vineyards and olive groves, small villages, breathtaking landscapes and hidden coves in a pleasant ups and downs towards the old iron mines. We will delve into the dark, listen to interesting stories and taste the wines and typical products of the island in a farm. A nice cool bath at the end of the ride will give us energy to continue the evening on board between a drink and a good dinner.
Day 3 Sailing Day: Porto Azzurro – Marciana Marina
A whole day dedicated to the sea to discover hidden coves and magical corners. Between a dip and a sun bath we will have the opportunity to practice sailing with our skipper. Free evening among the shops of the port and the excellent restaurants offering local cuisine.
Day 4 Excursion to Monte Capanne and free afternoon
A day full of emotions with the ascent to Mount Capanne by cable car up to its peak (1019 meters above sea level) the highest point of the island, offering a a 360 degree view from which we can marvel at the islands of the Tuscan Archipelago all the way to Corsica and Tuscany. Towards midday we will descend again at sea level for an free time afternoon. In the evening we will stroll along the port town where we will be moored to dine in a seaside restaurant.
Day 5 Bike Tour: Procchio-Portoferraio 35 km
The day will be dedicated to the discovery of the north of the island where Napoleon sojourned in 1814. We will visit the two Napoleonic residences Villa dei Mulini and Villa di San Martino, the village of Portoferraio and the archaeological excavations of the Villa Romana delle Grotte. We will spend the evening on board enjoying a good aperitif and an excellent dinner at sunset.
Day 6 Excursion by bike: Pianosa Island 18 km
By transfer we reach the Port of Marina di Campo to embark on the ferry that will take us to the island of Pianosa where we will be provided with bicycles to explore the island accompanied by a local guide. Return to the Island of Elba in the late afternoon where we will find our boat waiting for an aperitif followed by an excellent dinner cradled by the sea.
Day 7 Pto Azzurro – Punta Ala
On the last day we will dedicate it to refine our sailing skills. Enjoying many dives in the crystalline waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea we will coast the island in search of uncontaminated coves to end the day with a sail to Punta Ala. Group dinner in one of the port’s restaurants.
Day 8 Punta Ala
After breakfast, end of services.
Bike and Sail on Elba Island – 8 days
September 15, 22
Duration: 8 days | 7 nights
Vessel: First 47.7- 4 double cabins / Calipso Oceanis 50 – 5 double cabins
Port of embarkation/disembarkation: Marina di Punta Ala
Navigation Area: Elba Island
Embarkation time 4PM
Disembarkation time 9AM
Language: english | italian
Number of participants: 6-8 persons
Bikes: 30 gear MTB bikes
Level of difficulty: intermediate
Total distance: 90 km | 56 miles
Day 1: Sailing
Day 2: 35 km | 22 ml
Day 3: Sailing
Day 4: Excursion by cable car
Day 5: 35 km | 22 ml
Day 6: 18 km | 12 ml
Day 7: Sailing
Day 8: End of the tour
Flat and hilly with some challenging climb on dirt and paved road with low traffic.
(1 km = 0,62 miles)
Price per person
Accommodation in double cabin:
June 9, 16 € 1490
September 15, 22 € 1449
Single supplement € 1249
Bike rental € 90
Additional services on request
Transfer from/to airport or other place
Extra night(s) in the city of arrival or departure of the tour.
The price per person includes
7 nights in double cabin with breakfast on board, lunch on board (day 3,7), dinners on board (day 1,2,5,6), dinner restaurant day 7, aperitifs on board, towels and bed sheets, entrance fees to main attractions (two Napoleon residences, Mine and Museum, excursion to Monte Capanne by cable car), one wine tasting, transfers on the island, bike excursion and ferry to/from Pianosa Island, multilingual tour leader on bike, technical assistance, informative material.
The price per person does not include
Travel to/from embarking point, 2 dinners on land (day 3,4), lunches during excursions (day 2,4,5,6), drinks, insurance, bike rental, transfers private use, tips and anything not specified in the item ‘The price per person includes’.
Terms of payment
– At the time of booking we require a down payment of 30% of the total price of the package tour.
– The balance must be paid no later than 42 days before departure.
– If the reservation is made less than 42 days before departure, you will be required to pay the total package tour price at once.
– The traveller himself shall be responsible for having the required documents, for example a passport that meets all validity requirements, or, when accepted, an identity card and the possibly required visa, proof of inoculations and vaccinations and driving licence.
– The traveller himself shall be responsible to obtain the necessary additional information from the authorities concerned and shall also check well on time before the departure whether the previously obtained information has not been changed in the meantime.
– If the traveller cannot make the trip (in part or in its entirety) because a (valid) document is missing, this and all related consequences shall be at his expense.
– The substitution is possible provided that the organizer is informed via email at least 7 days before the date fixed for the departure, receiving communication of the identity of the transferee and that the substitute meets all the conditions for using the service and the requirements regarding documents that are necessary to partecipate in the tour.
– The incumbent is required to reimburse the organizer the cost for the substitution (€ 30), the communication costs and all additional costs incurred in the substitution.
– The organizer has the right to refuse a substitute for valid reasons and is required to communicate and motivate this decision in writing via email or fax to the traveller and transferee.
The travel organiser shall be entitled to change the program due to climate and organizational reasons, without prior notification.
Bike and Sail on Elba Island – 8 days