Amsterdam – Haarlem – Lisse – Leiden – Kudelstaart – Amsterdam
The charm of a vintage vessel with all the modern comforts.
Captain Hans Petrus offers an exceptional holiday with his warm hospitality aboard the Gandalf. The Gandalf is 45 m long and over 6 m wide, 10 cabins with private bath and shower for a maximum of 22 passengers, equipped with a double deck of solar panels, it runs for a great part on green energy! Two terraces and dining room with bar. Full board with lunch pack, tea and coffee on board included in the price, afternoon snack each day when returning from the bike ride. Extra drinks by the bar at reasonable prices. Particular attention to the culinary aspect. Vegetarian menu on request. CD player. Free Wi-fi in the Netherlands. Dutch and English speaking cabin members. Guides speak English and Italian. Great atmosphere. Docked in Amsterdam just 5 min. from Central Station.
- Cabin with private schower/toilet
- Comfort Class
- Length: 44.9m
- Width: 6.19m
- Nr. Cabins: 10 (8 double, 2 triple)
- Completely equipped
- Crew speaks Dutch, English
- Solar panels
- 220 V electric supply
- Safety Equipment
- Warm water
Day 1 Amsterdam – Haarlem 15 km | 9 ml
Meeting point at 1PM Amsterdam, at the dock of the Gandalf. A welcome lunch and departure by boat to Haarlem before 2PM. Presentation of the tour during navigation. Bike tour of the city and its surroundings. Dinner at 6:30PM.
Day 2 Haarlem – Leiden 40 km | 24.8 ml
9AM departure on bike. Endless expanses of colorful flowers fields all the way from Haarlem to Lisse. Visit the Keukenhof. Lunch with a stop at a cafe. We continue by bike to Leiden. Dinner at 6:30PM. Night visit to the city.
Day 3 Leiden – Kudelstaart 35 km | 21.7 ml
9AM Tour of Leiden and departure for Kudelstaart across the country and small lakes. Dinner at 6:30PM.
Day 4 Kudelstaart – Amsterdam 25 km | 15,5 ml
Early and unusual trip to the most important flower auction in the world. Return to the boat and breakfast. Cycling to Amsterdam along the Amstel River. Visit to a farm for the production of cheese. We enter the city along the Amstel River. Dinner at 6:30PM and visit to Amsterdam by night.
Day 5 Amsterdam
After breakfast end of services.
Departure date 2018
Duration: 5 days | 4 nights
Accomodation: MPS Gandalf
Language: english | italian
Minimum number of participants: 16 persons
Maximum number of participants: 22 persons
Bikes: 8-gear city bikes with pannier bags.
Level of difficulty: very easy
Total distance: 115 km | 71 miles
Day 1: 15 km | 9 ml
Day 2: 40 km | 24.8 ml
Day 3: 35 km | 21.7 ml
Day 4: 25 km | 15.5 ml
Day 5: —
Flat and entirely on bicycle path.
(1 Km = 0,62 miles)
Price per person
In double cabin € 570
In triple cabin € 520
Single supplement € 399
Bike rental € 50
EARLY BIRD: 10% discount if you book before October 20, 2017
GROUPS (min 16 participants) 10% discount
The price per person includes
4 nights with full board (extra drinks not included), lunch pack, snack at the end of the daily tour, tea and coffee free on board, one bilingual english-italian speaking tour leader on bike, entrance to the Keukenhof and flower auction, tourist information, ferry fares along the trail, guided tours in every city and places of interest.
The price per person does not include
Travel to/from Amsterdam, bike rental, drinks, entrance fees to museums and anything not specified in the entry “The price per person includes”.
Additional services on request
Extra night(s) in the city of arrival or departure of the tour.
Terms of payment
– At the time of booking we require a down payment of 30% of the total price of the package tour.
– The balance must be paid no later than 42 days before departure.
– If the reservation is made less than 42 days before departure, you will be required to pay the total package tour price at once.
– The traveller himself shall be responsible for having the required documents, for example a passport that meets all validity requirements, or, when accepted, an identity card and the possibly required visa, proof of inoculations and vaccinations and driving licence.
– The traveller himself shall be responsible to obtain the necessary additional information from the authorities concerned and shall also check well on time before the departure whether the previously obtained information has not been changed in the meantime.
– If the traveller cannot make the trip (in part or in its entirety) because a (valid) document is missing, this and all related consequences shall be at his expense.
– The substitution is possible provided that the organizer is informed via email at least 7 days before the date fixed for the departure, receiving communication of the identity of the transferee and that the substitute meets all the conditions for using the service and the requirements regarding documents that are necessary to partecipate in the tour.
– The incumbent is required to reimburse the organizer the cost for the substitution (€ 30), the communication costs and all additional costs incurred in the substitution.
– The organizer has the right to refuse a substitute for valid reasons and is required to communicate and motivate this decision in writing via email or fax to the traveller and transferee.
The travel organiser shall be entitled to change the program due to climate and organizational reasons, without prior notification.